Re: compile kernel

Thats fantastic, I'm on the case allready.

Many Thanks
Shaz

Paul Howarth wrote:
Shahzad Chohan wrote:

 > This is the first time I'm trying to compile a 2.6 kernel. The problem
 > relates to how I can compile the official fedora 3 kernel, as I want to
 > add some new modules to it? There used to be source package now there
 > isn't.
 >
 > I'd appreciate any help.

There's good tutorial at:
http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/kernel-compilation-tutorial-en/

You build your own custom kernel RPM by tweaking the Fedora kernel SRPM.

Paul.

Chase de Vere Financial Solutions plc operates under the trading names of Chase de Vere Private Clients, Chase de Vere Employee Benefits and Moneyextra. Chase de Vere Financial Solutions plc is an independent financial adviser and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

Registered Office: 1 King Street, Manchester M2 6AW. Registered in England No: 1723284 VAT No: 503 374571 A wholly owned subsidiary of AWD Group plc. AWD Group plc is a member of AWD Holding AG, Europe's premier independent financial services group.

This message is intended for the named recipient only and is confidential
and no other person can place any reliance upon it.
The recipient acknowledges that transmissions made via the Internet can be
corrupted and therefore Chase de Vere Financial Solutions plc does not give
any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any information contained in
this message or assumes any liability for it or for its transmission,
reception or storage.
This footnote also confirms that this e-mail message has been swept for the
presence of computer viruses.
Chase de Vere Financial Solutions plc is authorised and regulated by the
Financial Services Authority and is an independent financial adviser