fc2 does not find cd/ dvd-player

Hallo!

I am running a fc3 server. I had to change the original CD-player because i broke down. I have tried to replace it with borth a new CD-player and DVD-player. The BIOS finds both players, but fedora does not find anyone of them. If I write 'mount /dev/cdrom' I get the eror-messages saying that cdrom does not exist.

I have tried to delete the lines referring to the cd-rom in /etc/sysconfig/hwconf an afer that run kudzu --class cdrom, but this does not help a bit.

How can I configure fedora to use the new player?

Sincerely,
Bjorn

MSN Messenger http://www.msn.no/messenger Den korteste veien mellom deg og dine venner