Re: [Fwd: RE: Re: re-post: problems umounting samba shares]

Craig White wrote:

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 15:21 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

Craig White wrote:

this needs to be stopped

sorry to list - I am copying list to encourage everyone else receiving
these messages to forward them to fedora-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxx

Craig

There is no peter.whalley@xxxxxxxxxx subscribed...

----
thanks Warren - it's obvious that by posting to the list - you see the
problem firsthand and I guess that was what I wanted to achieve - well
actually, get you to stop the behavior as it has to violate some rule
somewhere despite the fact that it is completely bad form and irritating
to anyone who posts here.

Craig

Is there a chance that the problem lies with fedora-list mail server? It occurs to me that a spam artist may have devised an indirect attack on an anti-spam service. If fedora-list and other mailing lists with some volume could be hijacked into sending the message to anyone posting to the list, then everyone who is active would receive the message. Some percentage of those active list members would send messages to the ostensible perpetrator trying to stop receipt of further messages. Seems to me that such a scheme would stand a chance of significantly increasing the load on the anti-spam service.