Re: symbol lookup errors when yummed from kde-redhat repos

Kam Leo wrote:

On Apr 1, 2005 2:13 PM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kam Leo wrote:

On Apr 1, 2005 10:45 AM, Arthur Pemberton <dalive@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

I always seem to get sysmbol lookup errors with programs I yum from
the kde-redhat repos. The error looks like the one bellow. I got
somethign similiar when i yumed amarok.

digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0: undefined
symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap

What can i do to fix this?

Problems like these are usually (I think) caused by incompatibilities
between the C++ compilers used to build the programs and the libraries
that they use. Are you absolutely sure that you've got the right
version
of the kde-redhat repos for the version of Fedora you're running?

Paul.

Due to ignorance on the topic I'm not absolutely sure. How do I check
that I've gotten the right version?

You could post the /etc/yum.conf snippet or file from
/etc/yum.repos.d/ that configures your yum to get packages from
kde-redhat, and also state which version of Fedora you're running.

Paul.

I am running Fedora Core 3 and I've attached the repo file:

[kde-redhat-stable] name=kde-redhat-stable mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/stable/mirrors enabled=1 gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-stable-all]
name=kde-redhat-stable-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* testing/testing-all together; requires/depends-on stable
[kde-redhat-testing]
name=kde-redhat-testing
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/testing/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-testing-all]
name=kde-redhat-testing-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/testing/mirrors
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* unstable,unstable-all together; requires/depends-on testing
[kde-redhat-unstable]
name=kde-redhat-unstable
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/unstable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-unstable-all]
name=kde-redhat-unstable-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/unstable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

No wonder you are getting unresolved symbols! You have the testing,
testing-all, unstable, and unstable-all repos enabled. By their very
nature these repos contain packages which are still in the test and
development stage.  You should change the "enabled=1" to "enabled=0"
for these repos.

:) Ok that loooks stupid on my part. However `yum list digikam` gives:

digikam.i386                             0.7.1-0.fdr.2.3
kde-redhat-stabl

It did how install two dependencies.

No dependencies are displayed in the output of "yum list digikam". The output is formatted in three columns:

    left column = package_name.architecture
    center column = version/revision number
    right column = repository

If you command yum to install a package the requirement for additional
packages to satisfy dependencies will be displayed to you.  If the
additional packages are available on the enabled repositories yum will
download and install them for you.  You do not need to do any
additional work!  If there are unsatisfied dependencies yum will not
install the package.  You must then search for the missing
dependencies.

the deps. installed were libkipi.i386 0.1-0.fdr.2.3 and libkexif.i386 0.2.1-0.fdr.1.3. I didn't really have any dep. probs so to speak. The program yummed down however did not work, as I originally stated.