Re: symbol lookup errors when yummed from kde-redhat repos

Paul Howarth wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 19:24 -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

I always seem to get sysmbol lookup errors with programs I yum from the kde-redhat repos. The error looks like the one bellow. I got somethign similiar when i yumed amarok.

digikam: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libdigikam.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN11KMainWindow7setIconERK7QPixmap

What can i do to fix this?

Problems like these are usually (I think) caused by incompatibilities
between the C++ compilers used to build the programs and the libraries
that they use. Are you absolutely sure that you've got the right version
of the kde-redhat repos for the version of Fedora you're running?

Paul.

Due to ignorance on the topic I'm not absolutely sure. How do I check that I've gotten the right version?

You could post the /etc/yum.conf snippet or file from /etc/yum.repos.d/ that configures your yum to get packages from kde-redhat, and also state which version of Fedora you're running.

Paul.

I am running Fedora Core 3 and I've attached the repo file:

[kde-redhat-stable]
name=kde-redhat-stable
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/stable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-stable-all]
name=kde-redhat-stable-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* testing/testing-all together; requires/depends-on stable
[kde-redhat-testing]
name=kde-redhat-testing
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/testing/mirrors
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

[kde-redhat-testing-all]
name=kde-redhat-testing-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/testing/mirrors
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

# NOTE: enable/disable *both* unstable,unstable-all together; requires/depends-on testing
[kde-redhat-unstable]
name=kde-redhat-unstable
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/unstable/mirrors
enabled=1