Re: java applet input problem?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:11:23 +1000, Alimin Bijosono Oei
<alimin_oei@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am running FC3 here and recently encountered a problem with typing
> inputs to an opened java applet window from
> http://www.global-view.com/fxtrekcharts.html. When clicking on
> Indicators on the toolbar, and then selecting to one of the indicators,
> say Exponential Moving Average > New, a java applet window is supposed
> to pop up and allow us to input the parameters.
>
> I used to be able to do this but now after updating my Fedora box to the
> latest bunch of updates available the problem appears. I am not sure if
> this is the problem with the java applet itself or it is related to java
>   installed on Fedora or something else. Can anyone verify this? (I
> tried opening the same page with latest Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, and
> Konqueror, all with the same result). Thanks a lot for any help provided.
>
> Alimin

Works fine for me.
firefox-1.0.2-1.3.1
jre-1.5.0-fcs

If I do exactly what you said, I get a box with:
--
Java Applet Window
EMA Period:  [10]

Are you sure you have Java correctly installed?

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
If at first you don't succeed...
                              ...skydiving is not for you.