Re: bad posting habits, jeremy bernstein and scientific cranks

bruce wrote:
top posting...

interesting that this topic has appeared to generate more responses than any
other topic posted... gotta be a way to market this somehow.. you guys up
for ordering a subscription to a 'toppost' magazine.. or maybe we can do a
toppost blog type of site, and we can get advertising dollars, get a VC to
throw some bling (cash you you people in virginia) and we're set..!!!

this whole thing reminds me of how people reacted when others bought game to
the game of basketball... these guys who kept saying that the proper way to
play basketball was with a two-handed bounce pass.. these guys couldn't hang
with the guys who came with the no-look pass... as they say, game recognizes
game..

look, bottom line, no matter how much you squeal, people post what they
post. if you don't like it (or if you do) you can either read it, trash it,
comment on it, move on. but as someone already said, this ain't life/death
stuff here!!

You're right, it's not life or death and people will post however they think appropriate. But the people that persist in top/html-posting after being asked not to do so won't be getting help from the people that object to it, and that does appear to include most of the most knowledgeable people on the list. So by not following the list conventions, you're shooting yourself in the foot. But that's your choice.

Paul.