Re: ndiswrapper killing me

Richard S. Crawford wrote:
I'm running Fedora Core 3 on an HP zd8000. So far, so good. Except today I attempted to get my wireless card working, and I'm having some problems.
ndiswrapper device wlan0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization.

What could the problem be, and how can I fix it?

I got a Linksys WPC54G card working with ndiswrapper, and I can tell you that you will need to recompile the kernel with CONFIG_4KSTACKS=n (default is y). It didn't work without this step. It's a bit of a job getting the source and compiling it, but other than that, I was able to get it working following the instructions.

Jan