Re: FC3 and Nvidia driver 7167

Ankur Jain wrote:
Yeah, I could download the drivers from livna, but yum was also
updating the kernel to 2.6.10, and I wanted to avoid that, till my X
was not working.

But if the new driver can be downloaded and installed without updating
the drivers, do tell me and send me either the url/file to download
and install the drivers.

My home-rolled SRPM can be found at http://physics.open.ac.uk/~ju83

This can be rebuilt for the kernel of your choice by simply doing

rpmbuild -ba --define 'kernel <uname -r>' nvidia.spec

where <uname -r> is the output of uname -r when running that kernel. If you want to rebuild for the running kernel, rpmbuild -ba nvidia.spec will do it. I rolled this SRPM because I couldn't get the livna one to rebuild without defining a load of things.

This rpm, unlike the livna one doesn't adjust the xorg.conf file - you have to do that manually.

HTH - and I give no warranty :)
Jonathan