Re: Gnome vs KDE

Phil Labonte wrote:

I have been using Gnome with Fedora since Core1

I have loaded and used KDE just to check it out...

My question is this to the list of experienced users;

What is better for use as a Desktop system; KDE or Gnome?

I myself switched to KDE permanently since I isntalled FC2 when it just came out. looged in, and was taken to gnome (by default) and it ran quite slow, then I , logged out and logged back in to KDE and it ran faster. Since then I've been finding more and more to fall in love with about KDE. That however does now mean that I would haev found lots to like in Gnome had i stayed. I am of the _personal_ opinion that Gnome feels more like a workstation environmetn, while KDE feels more comfortable and private.

But I'd challenge your question by asking what do you use your computer for in general?

BTW ... such a question is generally asking for a war. So far however the responses seem quite mature.