Re: FC3 with BEFSR11 Linksys router slow connection

Shawn Iverson wrote:
I am highly suspicious about the kernel settings.  Surfing the net I
found this option in the kernel that controls TCP Explicit Congestion
Notification.  Would this option be related to my problem
(CONFIG_INET_ECN=y)?  I guess that it won't hurt to try recompiling the
kernel with this option turned off, if it exists in the 2.6 kernel.
Something in the back of my mind tells me that the Linksys is breaking
some tiny, little TCP/IP standard on which FC3 depends.

You don't need to recompile the kernel to disable ECN. To do this straight away, do:

# echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

However, you may find that "0" is the default value of this parameter before you did this.

If not, you can make it the default by adding to /etc/sysctl.conf:

net.ipv4.conf.tcp_ecn = 0

Paul.