Re: Creating a boot disk

Dan Fokum wrote:

> I am trying to install Linux on a computer that does not have a CD drive,
> so how do I create a Linux boot disk from the ISO images?

I'm not sure if this is the simplest way to do it,
but if I were in your position I would probably install RedHat-9
(or any Linux system which can be booted from a floppy),
and then use this as a base to install Fedora-3 from the hard disk,
after copying the /isolinux directory on the first ISO to /boot/,
and making an appropriate entry in grub.conf .

I don't know why the Fedora people don't include a small kernel
on a floppy image - it would be perfectly simple.
In fact, if you compile your own kernel,
and don't choose too many modules,
the kernel and initrd _will_ fit on a floppy.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366