Re: Creating a boot disk

you can actually copy your boot image from your iso to your pc in
either a FAT or EXT base file system.

I did it once long time ago. Hope the following lines would help you.

This is useful if your pc installed with grub, I'm not sure if lilo work
cp /isolinux/vmlinuz /vmlinuz
cp /isolinux/initrd.img /initrd.img

then install grub and configure your grub.conf to point to your
vmlinuz and initrd.img.
Once the system boot, you may delete the partition which contain those
file, they are actually loaded into RAM.

Similiar way if u are install with DOS or windows.