Re: Redirect Grub or copy new boot

Mark Sargent wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:

Mark Sargent wrote:

ok, when doing the re-install, to hda5, I clicked advanced, and chose 1st partition of /dev/hda5 for the bootloader, but, it still loads the original bootloader for the FC2 installation. What's the workaround for this..? Sorry, Paul. Cheers.

This is to be expected (as as you wanted, wasn't it?). During the previous attempt at getting this working, didn't you add an entry to the FC2 grub.conf to load "Fedora Core 3"?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-March/msg02853.html

Paul.

Hi All,

hmmm, ok, confused now. If so, I'm still getting the same error as b4. If it shows the FC2 grub.conf, then it's not using the grub.conf from hda5, no..? Why not, when I specified it to do so.? Cheers.

The idea to to add the "Fedora Core 3" entry to the FC2 grub.conf file (used by the FC2 grub installed on the MBR), where this entry chain-loads the FC3 grub from /dev/hda5, which has its own grub.conf file within /dev/hda5.

So you go through two levels of grub menus to boot FC3.

Paul.