Dell 8400 / Intel AHCI controller / SATA

After googling, I've seen that FC3 doesn't support the AHCI option for the controller and the advice is to reset it for SATA/RAID in the BIOS. But, there was a note that in a dual-boot situation, one has to reinstall Windows.

Given that I've spent the last two days getting Windows working well, NOOOOOOO!

1.  Is there a way to get FC3 to install using the AHCI option in the BIOS?

2. If not and I have to reset it to RAID, is there an easy way to tweak the settings for XP so I don't have to reinstall?

--

   Steve