Re: Fedora Core 3 and MySql

> You did not follow the instructions carefully enough.
>
> Changing directory to /etc/init.d and running "mysql" is not the same as
> running "mysql" because the "current directory" is not in
> root's path. So you have run /usr/bin/mysql instead of /etc/init.d/mysql
>
> If you want to run something in the current directory, be explicit about it:
>
> # ./mysql start
>
> This stops the search of directories in your path and runs the file from
> the current directory (".").
>
> Paul.

Thankyou I have learnt something of linux here.

But when I looked in /etc/init.d/ the file 'mysql' does not exist,
although I found the file 'mysql'  which I then started and then went
to check the services:

[root@spr1-derb3-3-0-cust203 ~]# /etc/init.d/mysqld start
Initializing MySQL database:                               [  OK  ]
Starting MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[root@spr1-derb3-3-0-cust203 ~]# chkconfig --list
mysqld          0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off

Is it correct that the service reports all OFF?