Re: Access Point problem

Rick Stevens wrote:
 > No problem.  I get what you're saying.  Your AP is acting exactly as
an AP should--as a link between wireless and a wired LAN.

Now, as for managing it, you can get on your Linux box and:

    route add net 192.168.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 dev eth1

That adds a route for your Linux box that will send traffic for the
192.168.0/24 network out via eth1.  If you haven't changed the AP's
set up, you should then be able to http://192.168.0.50 and get to
the AP's GUI management interface.

Perhaps you've seen my Solved! post on this problem. At any rate, I successfully changed the AP address to bring it within my LAN subnet, so the above suggestion wasn't necessary. Thanks for making it, though. I learned many things in solving this problem, and one was that there many ways to solve my problem.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA