Re: fc3 total size after current update

Ben Stringer wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 17:50 -0800, Barry Yu wrote:

My fc3 is installed with everything during installation, as of now it is 100% updated. When checking all system folders I found the result
is quite surprised to ;

/var       1.4 gb
/usr         7.2 gb

Is this normal? My partition of 10 gb holding fc3 is now only left with 900 mb as remaining.

Hi Barry,

All the updates you have applied will most likely still be spooled
in /var/cache/yum. You can remove the RPM files in here to clear up some
space.

And that's done by "yum clean all".

As far as /usr is concerned, you can get an idea as to what's sucking
up what by "du -hs /usr/*".  I'd expect directories such as /usr/lib,
/usr/bin and /usr/sbin to be fairly large.  /usr/share/doc can get to
be "friggin' huge" too (that's where rpm stuffs most of the doc files).
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -
-     "Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?"     -