Re: Bittorrent - how to use on Linux?

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 18:03 +0000, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 16:20 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
> > Well I guess I wouldn't know how much time it would take up until I'd
> > tried it. I'd be willing to consider it, but I'd have thought it would
> > be better if someone that could read and write python did it (that would
> > rule me out at the moment). I've noticed that the GUI in particular has
> > had some python portability issues in the past and I've only been able
> > to resolve them by googling for a solution from someone that actually
> > knows how to fix them.
>
> I see your point. But how about a division of labour? You could contact
> the current maintainer of the Extras BitTorrent package and tell him
> about yours, share your spec files, etc. It seems a shame that the
> Extras packages are lagging behind, and I'm using yours at the moment
> and they rock (BitTorrent 4.0 is very nice, and the new gui with the
> ability to queue downloads is great). The only thing missing I can think
> of is a mime type entry so that you could just double click on torrent
> files in Nautilus and have them added to the queue.

Strange; that appears to work here. The desktop file does include:

MimeType=application/x-bittorrent;

But then I don't know much about .desktop files either, not being a
nautilus user. I'm stuck in my old command-line ways, I'm afraid.

The existing maintainer for the Fedora Extras bittorrent package appears
to be Seth Vidal by the way (who has been busy with yum, plus all sorts
of other Fedora Extras stuff). He has a blog at
http://blog.sethdot.org/index.cgi though I usually catch it at
http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/fedorapeople/ - quite an interesting site
for hearing about new things.

Paul.