Re: Bittorrent - how to use on Linux?

D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 14:47 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:

FWIW, I now have an FC3 package of the new BitTorrent 4.0.0 client (no longer a beta) at:
http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

Thanks for making these available, Paul. I've noticed that for quite
some time now your packages have been more up to date and built faster
than the BitTorrent package in Extras (which is still on 3.4.1, even
though 3.4.2 came out ages ago). Would you consider putting yourself
forward as the official maintainer of the BitTorrent packages for
Extras? I mean, you make the packages anyway. Of course, the added
administrative overhead of being an official Extras package maintainer
might be too much of a hassle, or something you don't have time for, but
it would be great if you'd consider it.

Well I guess I wouldn't know how much time it would take up until I'd tried it. I'd be willing to consider it, but I'd have thought it would be better if someone that could read and write python did it (that would rule me out at the moment). I've noticed that the GUI in particular has had some python portability issues in the past and I've only been able to resolve them by googling for a solution from someone that actually knows how to fix them.

Paul.