RE: Backup & restore of FC3 partition/disk?

Title: Message
You could ghost it. However it would span across several disks or you could burn it to a DVD.
-----Original Message-----
From: Max L. Eidswick [mailto:max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:11 AM
To: fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Backup & restore of FC3 partition/disk?

This is a resend of this earlier message – I could not find it or any replies in the archives …

Hi, All – I have FC3 on a removable disk in my ThinkPad a31p (a 60GB).  I need to use that disk for some other testing and do not want to lose my FC3 setup.  I am sure it is not using more that 15GB and I have an extra 20GB that I would like to use for FC3 instead.

Is there any EASY way for me to backup my FC3 disk/partition and restore it on another disk?  The first disk is larger, but the target disk is large enough to handle the FC3 space used …

Thanks,

Max L. Eidswick