Re: Can't mount ntfs

--On 8. marec 2005 15:25 +0000 Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sasa Stupar wrote:
Recently I have upgraded my kernel on FC3 from 2.6.9 to 2.6.10 (latest)
and  now I can't mount my ntfs partition anymore. I get back that ntfs
is not  supported by kernel. This is strange because I roll back with
old kernel and  it is working. Is there some change for ntfs module?

NTFS is not supported directly by Fedora kernels. So if you had it working for an earlier kernel, you must have downloaded and installed the driver for that kernel. Just do the same for the new kernel.

$ rpm -qa | grep -i ntfs

may give a clue as to the package you installed to get it working.

One such set of packages can be found at:
http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/index.html

Paul.

Thanx. I have installed the package and now it works.

Sasa