Re: Video Card and Mouse problem during installation

Callistus Mendonca wrote:
I have a system with the following configuration:
CPU: Intel Pentium III 700 MHz
HDD: Seagate 20GB
Motherboard: Intel 810
SoundCard: Onboard
VideoCard: Onboard
Mouse: Logitech First Three button mouse

Issue 1: (Very Important)
When I was installing Fedora 3 on my system, during
the hardware probing I noticed that it would detect my
Video Card correctly, but it used to produce a
distorted blue screen, with garbled text at the
bottom. Anyway I went ahead with the installation and
managed to install it. When using Fedora 3 in Gnome
enviroment I wouldnt be able to see the drop down
menu. Incase I managed to see one (that is by moving
the mouse over and over the screen), and naviagted to
Screen Resolution, My monitor would automatically show
a black screen with distortion on it. I would like to
know whether fedora is compatible with such an old
system as mine (though I feel it should be since it
contains all the drivers)

Lots of people have this sort of hardware, so I expect you'll get some suggestions for this.

Issue 2: (Serial mouse is detected as parallel mouse
during installation)

Serial mice are not supported for installation of FC3. You'll just have to navigate it using the keyboard. Does it work post-installation?

Paul.