Re: Doubt about ulog and postgresql?

Vinicius escreveu:
David Cary Hart escreveu:

On Mon, 2005-02-28 at 00:29 -0300, Vinicius wrote:

Hello,

I did put the followed rule in the iptables "iptables -I RH-Firewall-1-INPUT 8 -p tcp -j ULOG --ulog-prefix "Firewall: "", just before the last rule (rulenum 8) that rejects all packets.

I did set up the file /etc/ulogd.conf to use a postgresql table such as the example at /usr/share/doc/ulogd-1.21/, and I have created the database ulogd and the table ulog as suggested there, with the same user and password than the ones on ulogd.conf.

So, when I did do "/etc/init.d/ulogd restart" the system entered an endeless loop.

Where could I find information about how to use postgresql with ulog propely, please?

gnumonks.org

BTW, works perfectly with mySQL.

Yes, it was a piece of cake with MySQL!

But, why is so difficult to do this with PostgreSQL, please? What's I'm doing wrong, please?

I have searched gnumonks.org and the Internet via Google, but I failed to find any useful information.

TIA, Vinicius.

Now, I know: http://lists.gnumonks.org/pipermail/ulogd/2005-March/000729.html