Re: Make that "Everything" I've asked for...

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 16:57 -0600, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 16:18, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>

> > > When I set up a new system for myself I usually choose an
> > > "Everything"
> > > install.
> >
> > If you choose everything, you get everything.
> > If you don't mean everything - then don't choose everything, go through
> > the package selection.
>
> But 'everything' includes things that aren't in any other set.

Exactly.
Everything means *_everything_* in the distribution release.
Customized configurations for workstation or server or desktop uses the
language selection you told it to, but then selecting _everything_ over-
rides that and makes it ..  well everything....

If you want *almost* everything then use the custom install and select
all you want and leave out what you don't.

BTW,  I believe that on the custom install you can select all of the
packages in the lists _without_ getting all the internationalization
languages and stuff.