Re: Problemsconfiguring Firestarter

Leandro Melo ha scritto/wrote il giorno/on 06/03/2005 16:52:

Hi.
I just intalled Firestarter on my Fedora 2. The goal is to share my
Internet Fedora connection to my other computer at home that runs
Windows XP.
I followed the instructions at the Firestarter web site. I configured
my Internet connection with the eth0 device (naturally, this is my
hardaware device, but I'm using default's fedora network manager in
which I have a logical ppp0 device - I called it eth0MyConn -  that
points to the eth0 hardware device). I also configured in Firestarter
the other device I'd like to share the connection with, which is eth1.
I configured it to use dhcp as it's suggested. The device eth1 is
connected to my other computer that runs Windows XP.
After doing the necessary configuration I finished Firestarter
installation normally.
The problems are:

1 -  When I try to start Firestarter (or when it starts by itself when
I dial up) it gives an error that "eth0 is not ready... check if the
connection is active". The point is that my connection is active, I
can use the internet normally, but Firestarter gives this error.

2 - If I try to use the connection stabilished in Fedora from my
Windows XP, it doesn't work. In other words, the connection that is
supposed to be shared is not working, my Windows XP can't see the
connection.

Can anyone help me out with these problems. I'm very new to linux.

p.s.: I'll also try to send this message to firestarter mailling list,
but if anyone could help me out also here, I'd appreciate.

Can you ping the Linux machine from the Windows machine???

If you issue:

ping xxx.yyy.oo.oo where you put corerct address what you get???

--

Antonio M.

Working with  Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 on Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
    Uso Mozilla Thunderbird 0.9 su Redhat Linux Fedora Core 3
		www.montagnani.org