Serious Error: LAPACK and Fedora Core 3

Dear all,

I have been fighting with calling LAPACK from C and have come across an issue
which make eigenvalue calculations with LAPACK hang in Fedora Core 3. It may be
noted that these go through fine in RHEL 3.

I doubt this is an issue of calling LAPACK from C, but I will include the C
files and the header files.

To compile,

gcc demos.c mylapack.c -llapack -lg2c

Note that lapack needs to be installed. Also, the program compiles fine, and
calculates the inverse fine using LAPACK, on FC3, but hangs after entering the
eigenvalue calculation. It goes to completion on RHEL 3.

Can someone please suggest what can be done? Unless there is a strange bug in
FC3?

By the way, the RHEL 3 box I tested on runs lapack-3.0.22, while the FC3 box
runs lapack-3.0.25.

Thanks and best wishes!

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!