Re: Sound-Recorder problems

David Curry wrote:

Bob Goodwin wrote:

Jack wrote:

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:57:59 -0500
Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there some common problem of which I am not aware? Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Hi,
what error messages do you get when starting gnome sound-recorder? Try starting it manually from a terminal and watch the messages it will print out.

------------------------------

# /usr/bin/gnome-sound-recorder
Segmentation fault

I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that?

Bob G

Gnome-sound-recorder does not work on my system either, Bob. Unlike your situation, though, starting gnome-sound-recorder from a command line launches the application with no error messages. The gui interface appears and will display messages indicating it is recording but the slide progress indicator does not move and there is no sound on playback.

I have a FC2 system with mobo sound chips linux detects as VT8233/A8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller and use the ALSA snd-via82xx driver. Gnome volume control displays slider controls in two tabs - one for Via [alsa mixer] and one for Realtek ALC650E [OSS mixer] Numerous slider and mute settings have been explored without success.

I invite others to share their sound recorder experience(s).

I'm sorry that I did not make that point clear. sound-recorder runs
until I click on the "record" button, then the GUI goes away and
the seg. fault message appears.

Bob G