Mounting SMB shares - Problem with uids

Hi,

I've got a samba fileserver that's got unix extensions enabled. As I got
no access to that fileserver I'm not able to edit the smb.conf to turn
unix extensions off. So I've got the problem that mounting a share from
that server on my local FC3 machine results in all files on that share
having the same owner uid as on the server, and its not possible to
override that with the mount parameter "uid=". As I can't keep uids
synchronised on all machines, I got a problem now. I need to be able to
tell the client to mount the smb share with a uid that I tell it, and
not with the uid that it gets from the server via cifs unix extensions.

Hope anyone can help me, thanks.

Sven Borkert