Re: FC3 Hardware Compatability List?

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 00:11, Jess Anderson wrote:
> Is there one? I haven't found it, if so. Time to build a new
> box, I think.
>
> I'm looking at an ASUS A7V600-X mobo with the VIA KT600
> chipset, for an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ CPU.

> However, this particular mobo has onboard audio (ADI AD 1888
> 6-ch stereo -- are drivers for this included in FC3?) and
> onboard 10/100 Ethernet (mfr unspecified, probably their own);
> it's this last that worries me the most. (I have several spare
> 3Com cards that would work, push come to shove).

I recently built a system using an ASUS P5GD2 Deluxe motherboard.  I had
to track down and build the driver for the on board NIC.  It used a
Marvel chip set that I had not heard of before.  Once I pulled the
driver down and built it it works fine.

Still have to get the on board wireless working though.  It also uses a
Marvel chip set.  I think Driverloader may work with it but have not
spent the time yet to try it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Today is the last day of your life so far.