Re: OT : Best development environment?

Andrew Jordan wrote on 04/03/2005 13:54:

I've been a FC user for some time now and would like to get involved in
developing some software (specifically jpeg image manipulation) I am a
software developer in my day job and am familiar with Pascal, Ada and Oracle tools. What would be a good language/dev environment for me to get
into on Linux?

As a sometimes Ada user - you get a free version of the ACT compiler with FC3. You can either use gnatmake or compile files directly with gcc. I developed a couple of applications with it a few years ago and it's a very good compiler.
Failing that there's always C, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby, TCL,Fortran etc.. etc... that comes with FC!

Rob