Re: no HTML list mails - no top-posting - stripped quotation *please*

HaJo Schatz wrote:
On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 16:29 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

I kindly beg all mail sending list subscribers to follow our list
guidelines:

- please do not send HTML formatted mails to the list, just plain text

- please place the new text below the quoted part of previous mail text
_and_ reasonable strip down the part you quote

Especially with the amount of traffic this list receives lately, I for
one simply ignore HTML-formatted mails by now (too lazy to zoom in and
out all the time). Same if the context of a mail is so messed up that I
twist my brain trying to decypher it.

I believe that if only a few competent people on this list do the same,
the amount of such "wrong" postings would be significantly reduced in no
time...

I won't respond to postings by people who, having been asked not to post in HTML, persist in doing so, but I'm more forgiving of newbies.

Paul.