Re: Network Manager: slightly OT

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:51:44 -0500, David Curry <dsccable@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Michael A. Peters wrote:
>

> > Is there a hardware database somewhere where people can add info?
> > It worked very well with my atheros based card - I tried it because I
> > will need it when I find a laptop I like and can afford, but I don't
> > need it for my desktop - it worked very well though with the madwifi
> > driver and my cheap CompUSA bought AT&T Plug&Share PCI card.

Sorry if my post is seen as OT but I need a similar answer for my
wireless card. I have FC3 on my Dell dimension with the Belkin F5D6001
version 1 PCI wireless card and I am just not able to run it. I know
the card works as I installed it on my Suse personal 9.1 and use it in
conjuction with netapplet. It obviously works with windows too as the
drivers are available. But FC3 is just no go. FC3 finds my card when
setting up a new wireless connection but never gets an IP address. I
have even tried to use NetworkManager and it briefly worked for a day,
inconsistently though - kept rescanning over and over again, but
eventually stopped working altogether. I even tried ndiswrapper on
this card but still no go. Could someone on this list provide me with
CLI commands to get the card to request an IP? I tried the following:
iwconfig
ifconfig eth0 up
no IP.

Please help. Thanks in advance.