Re: ethernet device

BZ Benny wrote:
yes I yhink its that I want a router. But not a
firewall. I just want to forward packets form an
interface to the other but I want that the interfaces
have both an IP.

So get rid of the bridge configuration and just turn on packet forwarding instead.

In /etc/sysctl.conf:
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

Note: this will not do Network Address Translation (IP Masquerading). Firewalls are good for that. Really.

Paul.