Re: Need help creating CDs that will pass mediacheck

Rick Lim wrote:
> Thanks for the help everyone.  Still no resolution.  I have been able
>
> to get disc1 to pass media check, but no others.  I was able to
>
> upgrade one pc from RH9 to Fedora.  The PC which I wanted Fedora on
>
> still will not take it.  I guess I am looking at a hardware problem
>
> now.  The PC in question did take RH9, but no upgrade.

If you have multiple CDs, and they are networked, you should look at
trying a network install: I find that they can be much more reliable.
Boot with CD1 and type linux askmethod at the very first prompt, or use
one of images/boot.iso or images/diskboot.img.

Also consider doing minimal installs (less to go wrong) and installing
anything else you need afterwards.

Incidentally, would you mind trimming your messages down? Leave out
stuff that you've been quoting, but you aren't replying to.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | It is difficult to produce a television documentary
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | that is both incisive and probing when every twelve