Re: ethernet device

BZ Benny wrote:
I have two ethernet devices eth0 and eth1. I access to
internet with eth0 and to my private network with
eth1.
I want to make bridging between the two networks so I
use brctl.

#brctl addbr br0 #brctl setfd br0 0
#brctl stp br0 off #brctl addif br0 eth0
#brctl addif br0 eth1

The problem is if I do not #ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0#ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0
#ifconfig br0 10.160.15.128
#route add default gw 10.160.15.128

I can't access to internet, why does br0 need an IP
adress. I want to not giving him an IP adress and
giving eth0 an IP address of my internet network and
eth1 an IP adress of my private network.

You want a router, not a bridge. You're trying to use your two-interface system as a firewall, right?

Many people recommend shorewall for this.

I personally use the projectfiles.com firewall for this, and am very happy with it. http://projectfiles.com/firewall/

Paul.