Re: Fedora Core Support List Unofficial User's Guide (draft 2 - Duncan Lithgow))

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:15:00 -0600, Jonathan Berry <berryja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:51:11 -0600, Gustavo Seabra
> <gustavo.seabra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > BTW, is there a "bugzilla" for GMail?
>
> Sort of:
> https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_bugs

Been there. I think I already filed this same thing at least twice,
but I have no idea if anyone even read it :-(

> I'm not sure this would be considered a bug.  Gmail calls this a
> "conversation" view as you said, not a threaded view.  If you define a
> conversation as a group of messages with the same subject, then this
> is the right behavior.  That said, I do find this annoying.  Maybe we
> could lobby for a "strict threading" option that does use the
> reference headers instead of just the subject.  If enough people
> suggest it, maybe it will get done.  Other than this annoyance, I find
> Gmail's interface to be well suited to mailing lists.
>
> Jonathan

I agree that, with enough suggestions, they *may* give this problem
some extra thought. I wonder if there would be a way to call other
users to file a similar report...

Gustavo Seabra                 Graduate Student
Chemistry Dept.         Kansas State University
Registered Linux user number 381680
If at first you don't succeed...
                              ...skydiving is not for you.