Re: FC3 PCI Express LAN card

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 06:04, Rick Chen wrote:
> Recently I recommend a friend to switch to fedora from the dark side. He
> got a ASUS P5GDC Deluxe MB with onboard ethernet card. But Fedora FC3
> fail to detect his "Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI Express Gigabit". Anybody
> else got better luck or how can he get it work??
> thxx

Yes, I just setup a new system using the Asus p5gd2 deluxe motherboard.
As you indicate the ethernet controller on board is not recognized out
of the box for FC3.

You will need to install the updated driver from
http://www.syskonnect.de/syskonnect/support/driver/zip/linux get the
file install-8_14.tar.bz2.  (That is the latest one.  I used the
install-8_13.tar.bz2 here)

In a work directory, copy this file to that directory and execute the
following commands:

bunzip2 install-8_14.tar.bz2
tar xvf install-8_14.tar

This will create a directory with several files.  You will need to
create a soft link to the header files of the kernel you are using.

ln -s /lib/modules/"version"/build /usr/src/linux

Replace "version" with the version of your kernel found in the
/lib/modules directory.

Then go back to the directory you unpacked and run the install script.

You should then be able to do a modprobe as it describes or reboot and
the system will find your ethernet port and ask you to configure it.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Are you mentally here at Pizza Hut??