Re: Static Kernel booting issues... for server oriented custome kernel

Lissimore wrote:
<snip>
Questions:
1) Has anyone tried turning module loading off and booted
   successfully?  If so I would appreciate knowing how you
   solved the boot problem I have run into.
<snip>

Yes. Do as indicated in http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/ :

Udev without initrd

Install Fedore Core as usual and reboot. Execute the following commands

mkdir /tmp/dev mount --move /dev /tmp/dev sbin/MAKEDEV null console zero mount --move /tmp/dev /dev

Install your kernel without an initrd. Reboot.

You will get some SELinux errors, and syslogd will not work as expected.

PS sorry for the late response just going through old mail ;)