Re: Problem with gam_server

Hacksaw wrote:
Can someone tell me how to configure this POS so it doesn't grab my mounted devices. Better yet, can I just make it go away?

Well, I have to say that the configuration leaves something to be desired.

In fact, looking over things, I'd say this is another case of redhat engineers using a tool without fully considering how the endusers might react.

I suspect you might have to look closely at those packages which depend on it, and decide if you need them. I base this idea on the fact that the configuration file documentation doesn't seem to say whether certain paths may be excluded.

In any case, the documentation, as such it is, starts with

file:///usr/share/doc/gamin-0.0.15/index.html

Off hand, I'd guess gam_server is started by nautilus.

Good guess, but no cigar in this case. I'm running KDE and I've never run nautilus. It looks like this thing is wired into KDE at some fairly low level. If I wanted crap like this, I'd just run M$.

Regards,

John