Re: Problem with gam_server

John,

John Wendel wrote:
Running up to date FC3.

I just burned a DVD and mounted it to check the files. When I tried to umount it, umount said it was busy. lsof showed that the gam_server had grabbed it.

So, not really knowing WTF the gam_server was, I tried man gam_server, no luck, and apropos gam, still no luck. I hate stuff that doesn't have a man page.

It can't be uninstalled, too many dependencies. I checked the services configuration menu, no luck. I grepped /etc looking for a configuration file entry that said gam_server, but found nothing.

Can someone tell me how to configure this POS so it doesn't grab my mounted devices. Better yet, can I just make it go away?

there are serval problems known w/ gam_server. Funny I never had any problems unmount devices as a user. What version of gamin are you running? I just updated gamin to gamin.i386 0:0.0.24-1.FC3

Also, did you manually change /etc/fstab for /media/[cdrom/floppy/etc]?

Thanks,

John

Alex