Re: System freeze ?

David Curry wrote:
Ted wrote:

Well..I cannot use the k/board either although the mousepointer will move it will not call up an app....Sound is ok and the box functions well apart fom this freeze up..The hdd's are Maxtor as in my other box
(mobo,vid hdd's indentical)..I have 4 partition on each and have tried
Fedora on every partition and it fails after a while...Libranet never
fails but am a bit bothered abt running the new Lbranet shortly to be released in case it too fails me...I have been running REdHat since the Mothersday edition and have never had anything so annoying as this problem....I cannot understand why Libranet is ok yet other distros fail..Also Fedora runs fine on the other box...
I have even swapped the kernels over using both Mepis and Ubuntu but
they still fall...

I have not checked for, or applied, any bios updates for my mobo. Have you?

Shouldn't need it...Mobo works fine if X is not running and works fine in Libranet in KDE or Gnome...besides I have never ever upgraded a bios
because of Linux and have been running Linux since very early 90's
without up to now any problems at all

--
Regards
 Ted Wager