upgrade problem

Hi everyone,

I'm (still) trying to upgrade from FC1 to FC3. On friday night I left it updating (yum upgrade, after installing the kernel for FC2, and removing the 2.4 kernel - https://www.olen.net/node/194), but when I got back to it on saturday morning, my vnc session had locked up - I could reconnect to it but the screen was still frozen, though I could still SSH in. I left it like that all day saturday, just in case it was still doing something... This morning I decided I'd had enough of that, and (in hindsight this probably wasn't the best move...) issued the reboot command.

During booting it now stops when it gets to "Freeing unused kernel memory", although it's not locked up completely coz when I hit ctrl-alt-del it still shows the rebooting messages.

Any ideas on where to go from here?  reinstall? :o)

Thanks,

James.