How to change xterm font ?

           *I've recently been afflicted with a vision problem and need
           to change the xterm font for improved visibility.

           CTRL-Right click permits selection of "Huge" which is almost
           enough improvement but a bold font, perhaps MS Comic would
           be a lot better than the regular font displayed with FC-2.

It appears from "man xterm" that xterm -fs "fontname" should
do it but that hasn't worked? I may be doing something wrong
there? I normally use xfce if that has any effect, but Gnome
is available .
Any suggestion appreciated.

           Thank you.

           Bob Goodwin    Zuni, Virginia