RE: first time Fedora for me, any tips?

> For email, I recommend Postfix. Many people find it much simpler to
> configure than Sendmail. Some suggest that the modular
> approach makes it
> faster and less resource consuming as well.

If you are using this for a home machine and your ISP provides your
email account, you can turn sendmail off.  The email client with
Mozilla or the one with Firefox (is it Thunderbird?) can talk to
your isp's POP server just like outlook express did on windows.
You can avoid the headaches of mail administration alltogether.

Bob Styma