RE: new to list

hi all,

I am a new member of the group and first thing that I would like to know is how to get the software.How can I get the media kit for fedora project?

Best Regards,
Aakash Munjal

An easy place to start is http://www.linuxiso.org
you can download ISO images which can be burned to bootable
install CD's using Easy CD Creator, Nero, or other PC burning
tools.  I did not mention the Linux ones.

You boot off the first CD and the install will walk you through
building a Linux system.  It is expected that you have disk space
on the system on which to place the Linux system.  Since you are
new to Linux, one good approach is to take an older machine and
convert it to Linux.  This is simpler than a dual boot machine and
you will not wondering in the back of your mind whether you trashed
something you shouldn't.  Linux makes much better use of the
hardware than Windows so you can get decent performance out of a
slower box.  If you must use the dual boot approach, adding an additional
hard drive is a reasonable approach because again, you don't have
to worry about deleting the wrong thing and rendering the existing
system useless.

Robert Styma