Re: desktop icons take 10 mins to appear after login

On Thu, February 24, 2005 6:17 am, Eliot Stock said:
> Afternoon everyone.
>
> Something funny is up with nautilus on my FC3 box.

[...]
> It's been like this for a few weeks now and I also noticed my iPod doesn't
> automount anymore when I plug it in like it used to (over firewire). Don't
> know
> if that's related. My machine is up to date.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Eliot Stock.

I had similar symptoms.  Icons would take an extremely long time to appear
and the background image would as well.  I determined it was because I was
running vncserver.  It someone corrupted my Gnome related files when I
rebooted.

--
Regards,
Matt Florido