Re: Fedora- redhat Linux

Kaushik Chauhan wrote:

I AM VERY NEW AT Fedora/Redhat Linux
I have installed both on my PC successfully.
I would now like to write C++ and java applications and i am not sure
how i go about doing this.
Can you help, or guide me to some documentation please  ?

I have spent a lot of money on the hardware and a lot of time on the
software installation and i am quite impressed at he simplicity of it
all and would like to use Linux kernal as well ( OF WHICH I HAVE NO
KNOWLEDGE )

So basically, I NEED AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO ALL THE ABOVE !!

Can you please help me ?

Kaushik Chauhan

For c++ fedora includes a complete set of tools: if you use gnome there's anjuta, if you use kde there's kdevelop (yum install anjuta or yum install kdevelop).
The compiler is gcc.
For java fedora offers no support except command line compiler (gcc-java).
As already suggested the best IDE for java is eclipse.

--
numerone