Re: [fedora] Re: Large HD support issues - clunk of death?

Well, I ran the Seagate utility and the disk checked out fine. The same behavior replicated itself on another machine (different motherboard). Machine #2 has a 200GB drive in it with Windows that is fine. Also same behavior when plugged in to a Promise Ultra100TX IDE card in machine #1.

I swapped the drive out for a new one and the new one behaves the same. Grrr. An old 20GB Maxtor is working just dandy in machine #1.

Maybe it is some odd corner-case incomatability with that particular drive series, FC3, and my hardware?

Sigh.

-Pete

Wow - that's sure what it sounds like. File a bug with both the drive vendor and Red Hat.

Thomas