Re: An update is needed Fedora!

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 00:59 +0100, Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
> Im in the middle of rebuilding the SRPM for MySQL. Tried rebuilding the php at the same time and it said it needed sqlite3.
>
> I tried "yum install sqlite" and it installed sqlite-2.8. I already tried to be specific and it did not work.

This is because the latest version of sqlite in the repositories you
have configured (the FC3 default repositories) is version 2.8.

> I assume I have to build from SRPM a sqlite3 package, downloadable possibly from any development folder in the mirrors.
>
> Any suggestions?

Yes, that's right. And if sqlite3 requires a later version of something,
you may need to build that too...

sqlite3-3.0.8-3.src.rpm is in the development repo alongside the other
SRPMS you downloaded.

You're getting the hang of this now, aren't you ;-)

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>